On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 01:59:33PM +0000, Geva, Erez wrote:
> As I add the PORT_STATS_NP message,
>  I notice that the statistics is stored in unsigned integer 64 bits values,
> but using host order instead of network order.

Oops, that was an oversight.

> As I know you follow the IEEE standard,
> It would be nice if you could elaborate on this message.

This message is a custom message, and it is not covered by IEEE 1588
or any other standard.

> Can we fix it and rebase it to network order?

Unfortunately, simply "fixing" it unconditionally will break existing
deployments.

> May be add a flag for backward compatible.

If we go with that, then the default value of "compatible" will have
to be "true".

> What do you think?

Maybe it is better to simply leave it as is.  I myself don't use this
TLV.  Since the pmc tool prints the correct values, probably nobody
would insist on having big endian in the on-the-wire format.

Thanks,
Richard