On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 11:51:55AM +0000, Geva, Erez wrote:
> Looks like the man page is not accurate.
> Looking in
> https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/mktime.html

Okay, I see now, in the man page we read:

       The value specified in the tm_isdst field informs mktime() whether  or
       not  daylight  saving time (DST) is in effect for the time supplied in
       the tm structure: a positive value means DST is in effect; zero  means
       that  DST  is  not in effect; and a negative value means that mktime()
       should (use timezone information and system databases to)  attempt  to
       determine whether DST is in effect at the specified time.

So the only input values are -1, 0, and 1.

Can anybody tell me what glibc will do with TZ=UTC ?

IOW, should tm_isdst be passed as 0 or -1 ?

Thanks,
Richard