On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 02:24:07PM +0200, Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini wrote:
> As side note, In my testing scenario the master-only ports receive
> announce messages and when the slave port loses the signal the node
> evolves in grand-master flooding the log with "assuming the grand
> master role" message. Not a critical issue, of course... but in this
> case we lost time with logging and blocking the main loop.

Right, there are a few configurations that result in log spam.  It
makes sense to inhibit and/or rate limit the spam, but without hurting
the "normal" logging.

However, it doesn't make sense to fill the code with random tests and
logic for bizarre or seldom used configurations.

Many of the options from the so-called PTP profiles are poorly
designed, but we try to support them as best we can, without gross
hackery.

> My 2Eurocents.

Oh, those are worth 2.44 of my cents!

Thanks,