On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 01:47:37PM +0300, Feras Daoud wrote:
> Is there any way to address this issue using the current implementation ?

The clock identity is an IEEE EUI-64, an eight byte UUID.  This value
may be generated automatically using the EUI-48, and that is exactly
what we do in linuxptp.  See IEEE 1588 clause 7.5.2.2.

In order to support systems without an EUI-48 (aka Ethernet MAC
address), we need an optional configuration option for "clockIdentity".

Thanks,
Richard