Hello,

I've been trying to test without success ptp4l with virtual tap interfaces
using UDP.
The symptom is that no foreign clock is seen and then the slave auto-select as
BM. However using Ethernet the foreign clock is seen and selected.

My network is composed of two tap interfaces and one switch in-between.
Traffic analysis (using Wireshark) on the slave interface shows the UDP packets
as expected.
However,  debugging ptp4l demonstrates that no UDP packet is received at
application level (printing the FD on events is always FD_ANNOUNCE_TIMER).

I'd appreciate any comment on this.

Thanks,

Yaset