> Just making the device node in the system does not instantiate the
> actual device in the kernel.  Only the device driver can do that.

ptp driver is built into the kernel, if you are talking about it.
I can see ptp in /proc/devices as well. But /dev/ptp0 device isn't present
after startup.

--
Best regards,

Yan Yankovskyi | Junior Software Engineer, Ukraine
GlobalLogic
M  +380.95.049.64.73 <+380950496473>   Skype huandesale

www.globallogic.com

http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt