On 28 June 2016 at 17:29, Christian Schoenebeck <schoeneb...@linuxsampler.org> >

> They just keep going why they think they should not be obliged to ask for any
> commercial permission at all. Even if that commercial agreement would just be
> a matter of couple cents or even some kind of non-monetary one.

Such as showcasing a running LinuxSampler at that Sonar+D in
Barcelona, maybe?  ;o)
,
> You might hate it or not, but the fact is, if you sell a hardware product with
> or for LinuxSampler, then you have to ask for our prior permission. If you
> don't even want to bother to ask for our permission, then OK, use it
> privately, modify it, put it on websites, use it in any way you want,
> *but* please : don't sell any commercial software and/or hardware product in
> combination with LinuxSampler without asking us first.
>
> It is a simple rule and IMHO just fair.

For what it is worth, I'm in full agreement with you.  Perhaps on thsi
occasion, José Fernando's enthusiasm for his project slightly got the
better of him?

> And José: we actually granted commercial permissions for free to numerous
> people and companies in the past. So sometimes it is really just about common
> politeness instead of arguing about our license terms.

How abut a profuse and grovelling apology José, for going abiut this
bull before horns? Then you can both start from the top anew!   What
say you?  ;o)

Regards,

Chris.