On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Ping Cheng <pingli...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Chris Bagwell <ch...@cnpbagwell.com>wrote:
>

>  I obviously need some help here since I'm flying blind without the
>> problem device.  I can make a kernel patch but can't test it.
>>
>> Part of this email is also to make sure no one thinks we should try to
>> solve this purely on userland side.
>

> If you feel the urge to update the kernel driver, you can defintely do so
> for Graphire. There is one minor detail you might need to pay a bit extra
> attention in xf86-input-wacom and/or the kernel driver: Graphire 4 has a
> relative wheel on the tablet. That is, for Graphire 4, the PAD and the Wacom
> mouse both have relative wheels. You'll need to fingure out a way to report
> them differently to support the case when the mouse is placed on the tablet
> while users uses the PAD.

Another thing I forgot to mention. The diffference, except touch, between
Graphire/old Bamboo and Bamboo with touch (the one you use) is, most
Graphire/non-touch Bamboo has a mouse. So, we need to find a different set
of default buttons for non-touch Bamboo PAD (with two or four buttons) if
we want to leave the default buttons for CURSOR (mouse) unchanged.

Ping