On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutte...@who-t.net>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:42:18PM -0700, Ping Cheng wrote:
> > I am lost in my own backyard ;(.
> >
> > Can we still set a keystroke which has one of these keys: "NumLock",
> "PgUp",
> > "PgDn", "End"?
>
> Any key that's a valid X keysym should be parsed provided it can be found
> in
> the current keymap. But the spelling is important: Num_Lock
> "End" should just work since it's a valid keysym.

That's Great. Is there a way for end users (count me as one :) to get a list
of those special ones without looking into the code? A "xsetwacom list
#something", "man xsetwacom", or examples at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Xsetwacom
would
be very helpful.

> For PgDn/PgUp ("Prior" and "Next") it's not as obivous so that warrants
> specialcasing. See attached patch.
>
> > Also, do we plan to display the keys when user issues "xsetwacom get"
> when a
> > keystroke is defined? If we want desktop UI to convert the keycodes to
> its
> > localized language, how do they get the keycodes?
>
> two separate issues here:
> xsetwacom has a bug and doesn't set keys atm. see
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27184850
> I'm about to push the fix for this though.
>
> With the fix in it works
> $> xsetwacom get "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 pad" Button 2
> key +Prior -Prior
>
> the other issue:
> any desktop UI that relies on xsetwacom output is broken by
> design. a UI should do what xsetwacom does in the background (read the
> property, extract keycodes, convert to keysyms etc.) but not rely on
> xsetwacom directly.

Can you add the UI information to
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=External_applications#Graphical_Configuration_Tools
so
people know what to do when they need to process keystrokes in their apps?

Thank you.

Ping