On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Chris Bagwell <ch...@cnpbagwell.com> wrote:

> As long as we keep it protocol 4, I think all that is really needed is
> to BTN_TOOL_FINGER and MSC_SERIAL to set to zero when
> out-of-proximity.  I think a forced sync in between tool types will be
> required as well.  So 2 LOC change and 1 LOC addition.

Those are not the lines I am going to change, although we could. My effort
is on the "future". ABS_MISC is an event that we have to keep in wcmUSB.c
since protocol 5 (P5) devices need it to report tool ids. That's the main
reason I decided to leave Graphire at P4. Plus,

> I'm not sure wcmUSB needs any changes after that.

What happens if we remove BTN_TOOL_FINGER in wacom_graphire_irq? We lost the
ability to get the tool type unless we rely on ABS_MISC. So, we need to
update wcmUSB.c to get tool type and in/out status from ABS_MISC for P4 and
P5. How do you say it in English? .. two birds with one stone ;)?

Ping