Hey Peter,

Peter Hutterer said the following on 06/05/2012 08:03 AM:
> [...]
> does gnome take the buttons in order? does it work if you redefine
> it as Left=A;E;D;C

No, unfortunately not, it doesn't and I am not sure it could, as I
don't see any API in libwacom to retrieve the list of buttons in any
particular order.

So what GNOME tablet settings applet does is to loop through all the
possible buttons < libwacom_get_num_buttons() and for each one check
if libwacom_get_button_flag() & WACOM_BUTTON_DIRECTION and use it if
true. So the actual order specified in the tablet definition is not used.

I believe libwacom API should give access to such information because
not only that would help with this particular issue with Bamboo
devices, but that would also help with something else I have in mind
for the GNOME tablet settings.

Right now, the UI lists all the buttons but there is no easy way for
the user to match that with the actual buttons on the tablet so that's
not very convenient.

To help with this, I was considering some sort of an OSD help screen,
which would map a fullscreen window and show the buttons and their
current assigned function (or shortcut, for now).

But for this to work, GNOME tablet settings would need to have a
reliable way to match the buttons and their location on the device and
thus the actual order is needed.

I'll take a look at this in libwacom, I believe what I am missing is
just a way to retrieve a copy of device->buttons[]

Cheers,
Olviier.

--
əɔıʌəp əɯos ɥʇıʍ əɹəɥʍəɯos ɯoɹɟ ʇuəs