Hi Grant,

sorry for the late answer, I was on the road.

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 10:40:22AM +1000, Grant Street wrote:
> Hi Ping
>
> Thanks for the clarification... I'll try to look updating wacomcpl.
>
> The problem we have is two fold
> 1. We can no longer get Intuos 4's and have to buy Intuos 5's
> 2. Our users are generally not technical in the slightest, they are
> artists. Even though the defaults are ok for most, having a GUI
> configuration tool is a must.
>
> So any help I can be to RH in testing, or future directions they can
> mention, patches I can submit etc would be great.

As of 6.3, wacomcpl is deprecated. We've worked hard on backporting the new
Wacom configuration from GNOME 3.4 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/6.3_Release_Notes/index.html#general_updates
The wacomcpl package deprecated
The wacomcpl package has been deprecated and has been removed from the
package set. The wacomcpl package provided graphical configuration of Wacom
tablet settings. This functionality is now integrated into the GNOME Control
Center.

Cosimo has a video explaining the various features here, but we've added a
few bits and pieces more since. That's Fedora too, it'll look different on
RHEL but it provides largely the same functionality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=607uIdBmozU

All that is user-specific configuration, applicable on login.

hth

Cheers,
  Peter