Hi all,

While reviewing the libwacom API, I realized that
libwacom_is_builtin() could be misleading:

   /**
    * @param device The tablet to query
    * @return non-zero if the device is built-in or zero if the device
is an
    * external tablet
    */
   int libwacom_is_builtin(WacomDevice *device);

 From the description, I would expect built-in tablets (such as the
one used for Tablet PC) to have that set to true, and all other
external tablet to have that property set to false.

Actually, what libwacom_is_builtin() means is that the tablet is a
screen tablet, so all Cintiq have that property set to true, even
though these are actually external tablets.

Problem is in some cases it would interesting to tell if a tablet is
actually built-in or external (for example to set the TabletPC mode
automatically) and using libwacom_is_builtin() is not appropriate for
that. While I understand all built-in tablets are screen tablets, not
all screen tablets are built-in IMHO.

Is that my own interpration of the above which is wrong or is it the
function name/description which is misleading?

And if it's the function name, any idea on how we could fix this
nicely? GNOME setttings daemon does use libwacom_is_builtin() to
determine if a tablet is a screen tablet (e.g. Cintiq).

Cheers
Olivier.