Boaz MyTurnASpace wrote:
> Gray fine liner? one of those Gundam Marker? the only Gundam markers I ever
> interested in are the yellow and red (they have good coverage comparing to
> bottles paint), and the chrome. gray liner doesn't sounds like useful to me;
> give it to someone else who can make good use.

Well I wasn't a Gunze Sangyo Gundam Marker user until I've finally
given up on any serious paint job (and I can't blame it on the kid
since you are obviously chugging along with a job and kit as well).
Last couple months... actually could it be that I am mentally phasing
out gunpla causing me to "just get some of them out of the way" so I
have been actually building more of the older/more difficult kits and
just take a sloppy approach to painting.  So I started using these
Gundam Marker set I got WAY BACK in Japan and found that they actually
produce decent result compared to brushing and way more convenient
than brushing.  And like you said, works esp. well for paint light
color on dark plastic.

Also I was skeptical about Gundam Marker for panel lining.  Usually
preferring artist brands like Stadler.  But actual usage proves that
GM fine tip markers are superior in every way.  The tip can fill in
all but the narrowest/deepest panel lines, (a little patience, maybe a
ethanol wash can solve even those cases).  The gray and brown colors
are very pleasing on lighter color parts (so far I haven't found
fine-tip gray color in any brands except Gunze).  Even the black works
better than Stadler.  And considering it's 200 Yens, zero shipping if
you bundle it in a kit order, and low Yen exchange, it's a lot cheaper
than Stadler retail price.

Anyway I misplaced my gray marker so I ordered a replacement.  But now
I found it when I took out the Tachikoma for painting so that's why I
have an extra.  If you are not interested, I will keep it
shrinkwrapped and stored until I use up or lose this one.  I haven't
using this one for quite a while now, should be running out soon.

Speaking of Tachikoma, I have 300g spare weight for my next (and last
for a long while) order, thinking about HG Kerberos BuCUE Hound vs.
Dr. Slump Caramelman #1 vs. Tachikoma transparent version.  Originally
I was considering 1/48 Variable Legioss Zeta at 30% off, but HLJ took
it off the sale so that's that.

Also, only when I held the Jigabachi kit in my hand did I notice that
it's made by Kotobukiya, not Wave (for Tachikoma kits).  hah!  Wonder
who decided to split the two designs to two competing model makers.

Oh also... I got an old grade Cosmo Tiger II when I found that Bandai
re-released it.  I saw the side-by-side comparison in Model Graphix
and decided that the old grade kit is good enough for me.  Do you
think Bandai re-release the old grade right after the EX in order to
capture cheap bastards like me?

--
Dr. Core