Stef and all,

Einar Stefferud wrote:

> >From your message Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:47:20 +0000:
> }
> }Stef and all,
>
> }  BTW Stef, what ever happened to what we had discussed regarding the NIST
> }protest filing?  You seemed to have gone back to sitting on the fence again as
> }Roeland had suggested back on Jan. 22nd.  Care to elaborate?
> }
>
> ORSC protested.  I beleive a copy of the protest was sent to the ORSC
> list if not others.  I assumed that everyone saw it at the time.

  Yes indeed we did anyway.

> At least two other parties also protested.

  Actually there are a total of 5 that protested according to the information
that I have.

> Neither the GAO or NIST or NTIA have given any direect signal of
> resultant action, but I understand from 3rd parties that the GAO has
> taken control of that contracting action, and that the GAO will
> control whatever happens next.

  This is not our understanding.  In fact in one conversation I had with
Becky Burr, she is the main point of contact.

> We achieved our goal of calling it to the attention of the GAO in
> order to assure that if a sole source contract is negotiated, that it
> will be with direct involvement of the GAO, and will be done by the
> rules.

  This is not what I was asking you Stef.  I believe that you know it wasn't
as well.  Why are you avoiding the original question?