absolutely Jay.....  how do you think the slime from alex ogilvie
earn their hoped for future fees from ICANN except by saying to
esther appear to drop your fee and open a board meeting and you will
get news stories where you look truly reformed because well will
write release telling lazy reporters what to say.

Is the Thursday Aug 26 meeting of the ICANN Board
of Directors  indeed, a public session, as we are being led to believe?

Tuesday, August 24:

       Meeting of Governmental Advisory Committee
       Meeting of DNSO General Assembly
       Meetings of Domain Name Supporting Organization (DNSO) Constituency
Groups and Names Council
       Meeting of Address Supporting Organization

Wednesday, August 25:

       ICANN Open Meeting (public session with the ICANN Board of Directors)

Thursday, August 26:

       Meeting of the ICANN Board of Directors
       Press conference

>Jay,
>You really don't get it, do you? The Reuters story is about ICANN dropping
>the $1 fee and opening up its board meetings. I don't think the journalist
>set out to examine the history or future of the namespace.
>When people start shouting about media bias you wonder how long it is before
>they start claiming that the journalists are being controlled by secret rays
>from space.
>Get real - this is standard journalism.
>Ivan

The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           The only Good ICANN is a Dead ICANN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    What's Behind ICANN and How it Will
Impact the Future of the Internet http://cookreport.com/icannregulate.shtml