Hi Bart,

On 21-9-2011 16:34, Bart Grefte wrote:
Hmm, why switch to pfSense from Linux? I am considering the other way round,
from pfSense to Linux.
Mainly because the lack of wireless drivers with support for N and a buggy
Atheros FreeBSD driver.

Although I do have some wireless card in my soekris/alix at home I don't actively use them. I can't do the whole home wirelessly anyway.

I also need a few gigabit switch ports here and there so I ended up with the following:

1. Soekris in the breakerbox closet with pfSense that does the routing for my cable internet. It has a 8 port gigabit switch for various cat5 to upstairs, the living room and my NAS. 2. Linksys wrt 610n in the living room, DHCP server disabled, address statically assigned, dual band wireless n coverage ++. Xbox and media center connected to it. Easy switch port for cable if I need it. 3. Linksys e3000 upstairs, same deal, dual band wireless N range ++, connects my ESX4 server, Cisco 1811

For the sake of my argument, pick up new or old wireless router someone is throwing away, disable DHCP server and connect the LAN port for a nice accesspoint with 4 port switch.

Belkin devices come with a "Accesspoint" setting in all their routers!

Regards,

Seth