The amount can be round off to the nearest 0. The number you ise for the actual
encryption is large but does not directly correlate to the size of the idle
traffic.

The initial handshake is far more involved. If you enable keepalive you will
always have a steady stream. On my work ipsec cluster with 350 nodes that ping
to keep alive it is a few hundred kbit consistenly.

I once calculated that a average site did 500 mb a month just on keep alive
traffic.

Regards,
Seth

typed on a tiny touchscreen, why exactly?