On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Hiren Joshi <j...@moonfruit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 1.2.3-RELEASE and have a CARPd pair in a master and slave
> failover setup.
>
> They are usually very stable but 2 days ago I noticed carp kicked in and the
> service flipped over (it failed back automatically within a few minutes).
> Then last night I noticed it happening more frequently before the master
> showed a fatal trap, screenshot here:
> http://hirenjoshi.moonfruit.com/communities/0/004/006/261/100/images/4555806318.jpg
>
> What can I now do to figure out what happened and how can I prevent it from
> happening again?

If it's repeatable, you'll need to get a back trace to have an idea of
the cause. On 1.2.3, that means you'll have to install the dev kernel
and reboot first.
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Switching_Kernels

Then if it happens again, you'll be at a db> prompt. Type bt there and
hit enter, take a picture, send a link.