Am 06.01.2012 21:24, schrieb Lyle Giese:
I went the route to buy an account at Dyndns for $20/year and that allows 32 dyn hosts. I give them to my customers as needed for that amount. I have handed out 22 and still have 10 more available.

Doesn't that mean that all of the machines are using the same account info, thus the same password? What if it becomes compromised? What if one of your customers decides to log in to the DynDNS web site using that password, and changes the password, creates additional dyn hosts for himself or deletes / changes entires belonging to other customers?

As the customers have physical access to the pfSense boxes, there's nothing that keeps them from pulling the CF card and reading the config file using another machine, even if I'd withold the admin password from them (which I currently don't).

Kind Regards,
Stefan