>For each tunnel with different ip ranges it's neccessarry to use a unique
>OpenVPN server.

I don't, I have several remote sites that connect to one instance, each has its
its own /30 assigned via client configs. There are rules defined with
source/dest
that control which sites see what on which other sites.

The key here is iroute and 'not' client-to-client, see the man page for openvpn
for
the important bits on why this works. The important factor that allows
filtering (without
the use of openvpn's internal packet filter that isn't very configurable) is
not to use
client-to-client or the packets never leave the openvpn process and are
therefor not
subject to the kernels filtering rules then.

Keep in mind the appearance of connections from each site depending on where
they
originate. A connection from a remote sites lan node appears at pfSense with
its own ip
whereas a connection initiating from the node instantiating the vpn appears
from its
defined p-t-p address based on the Client Specific Override parameters you
setup.

jlc