On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle <
slackmoeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I plug my laptop into the LAN and try and hit one of the websites I
> host I get forwarded  the pfsense admin URL but get an error that states:
>
> Potential DNS Rebind attack detected, see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_rebinding
> Try accessing the router by IP address instead of by hostname.
>
> This happens to a few of the sites, but it doesn't seem to happen to all
> of them that are hosted on that box.
>
> Can anyone help me to understand what is happening and how to fix it?

When you are somewhere else, do the websites work properly?

Usually pfSense does not support accessing a public IP that is on the
pfSense WAN. In order for that to work you need to have NAT-reflection
enabled.
We have never been able to get NAT reflection working on our network, so we
just set up split-DNS (that you have different DNS for those sites your
LAN), so the clients on the LAN do not know about the 1-1 NAT on the
pfSense.

- Y