> On 3/15/2012 10:19 AM, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> > As you can see, repos.zend.com.cdngc.net has many, many addresses
> > (and
> > the TTL is 20 s!.  I doubt it will work if I just put
> > repos.zend.com in
> > my alias.
>
> Correct, it won't help you there, it's not likely anything really
> will.
> Not in firewall rules anyhow. Short of tracking down all their IP
> allocations or a comprehensive list of IPs they cycle through you
> don't
> have a good way to use that.
>
> Jim

Well, but who do other guys handle those problems (the ones Ugo said and mine)?
Wouldn't it be at least a half-backed measure to create a ip-collection-daemon

well, I guess I just thouhgt of some whacky solution myself, run a DNS query
every 30 seconds and add this IP's to a text file and use a text-file based
alias, then reload the firewall configuration every 5 minutes ...

but there should be a better way, can amazon provide a list of IP's for all
instances of *.dropbox.com?

best
Ray