On Fri 24 Feb 2012 21:45:15 NZDT +1300, Jürgen Echter wrote:

> i had to re-setup my firewall and restored my config. all went well
> so far, but i can't edit anything because i have on every screen a
> pic which says 'packages are being reinstalled in the background'.
> this is on since a few hours.

Old thread, but I see this every time I reload a pfsense config. It's
impossible to say when the package relaoding is actually finished, it
shouldn't possibly take as long as it does and it seems the package lock
isn't cleared.

You can go to the backup/restore page, on the bottom is a button to
clear the package lock.

What Iw ould like to know is how to prevent the package reloading after
restoring a config when there are no package changes.

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann