On 18/06/2012 14:14, Moshe Katz wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Gavin Will <gavin.w...@exterity.com <mailto:gavin.w...@exterity.com>> wrote:

    Hi there,

    I'm sure this is an apache rewrite issue and nothing with PF sense.

    I am wanting to gain access to PFsense web interface via a apache
    reverse proxy.

    It works fine if it is top level. However when I try and set the
    reverse proxy to https://remotesite.com/pf/ I can only get to the
    login page and there is no css / styles applied.  I tired to add
    alternate hostname of remotesite.com/pf/
    <http://remotesite.com/pf/> but it said it isn't a valid domain
    which I know is true, I didn't know if it could handle the /pf/ part.

    Has anyone set this up before?

    I am aware I can access pfSense on different ports but would
    prefer to use the reverse proxy route.

    Cheers

    Gavin

Hello,

pfSense uses absolute path URLs (i.e. starting with a slash but without the domain name; view the source of the page to see this), you would need your proxy to rewrite links on the page. Your proxy may or may not support this.

Moshe

Apache does, you need the ProxyPassReverse operative:

        ProxyPass / http://172.16.45.133/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://172.16.45.133/

--
Regards,