On Sep 14, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Ian Bowers wrote:

> Whoever hosts the instructions.  they open themselves up for cease and desist
> letters and potentially litigation.
>
> Not trying to be a wet blanket, just saying...  in the open source community
> we have to be careful and respectful of licensing.

Are you talking about a Cisco IPSEC client as implemented in Cisco hardware or
all Cisco IPSEC clients, e.g., as implemented in iOS or Mac OS X?  I can't see
how they'd be justified in sending cease and desist letters for instructions on
how to configure the latter.

I know I have had problems in getting the Cisco IPSEC client to work properly
in Mac OS X (Snow Leopard).  It works through NAT-T but not otherwise.  I sure
would appreciate a howto/guide so I can figure out where I might be going
wrong.  (I've posted about this problem before, without resolution:
http://www.mail-archive.com/support@pfsense.com/msg21912.html)

Cheers,

Paul.