Jeremy Martijn wrote on 05.11.2012 12:42:
> Good morning,
>

> I have a question regarding the bandwidth limiter on pfsense.
>
> Im going to describe the current situation and what I have done so far.
>

> I want to limit every user on the network to a 20Mbit/s down/10Mbit/s
> upload speed and the whole network should have a 100Mbit/s download and
> upload speed.
>

> Limiter made Limit_In at 20Mbit/s and Limit_Out on 10Mbit/s.
>

> Firewall Rule on the LAN, with  Interface LAN, Protocol TCP/UDP, Source
> type LAN subnet and In/Out set to Limit_Out and Limit_In.
>

> When I do a speedtest I get the 20/10 speed as I have configured it, but
> what I’m doubting of is this speed now set per user or for the LAN
> subnet? What will happen if more users connect to the LAN subnet?
>

> And if I want to limit the Whole bandwidth speed of the pipe to
> 100Mbit/s, how would I need to make a rule for that?
>

> Uplink is 100Mbit’s
>
> Speed per user 20Mbit/s download 10Mbit’s upload on LAN subnet.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Sincerely yours,
>

> Jeremy Martijn

Hi Jeremy

for the per-user limiter, check the Mask setting:

If 'source' or 'destination' is chosen, a dynamic pipe with the
bandwidth, delay, packet loss and queue size given above will be created
for each source/destination IP address encountered, respectively. This
makes it possible to easily specify bandwidth limits per host.

If you want to limit the whole subnet too, I guess you would need to
make a different rule at a higher priority.

Hope it helps!
Vassilis