Greetings-

I have an installation where two pfSense 2.x systems are configured with CARP
IPs on 6 interfaces. This is working quite well after I resolved some OpenVPN
oddities. CARP works as expected when simulating failure (link, power, etc).
BUT, the question is, how do I know when a CARP failover has occurred?
Obviously I can monitor this using some custom scripting or just manually
checking, but how about a notification from the firewall(s) when this occurs? I
see under System -> Advanced -> Notifications the option to use Growl(?!?) or
SMTP. Does this only alert on those changes that would show at the top of the
web GUI scrolling by, or other 'system level' or 'critical' issues?

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

--Tim