Hi -- I'm trying to build a home lab environment to test
routing on pfSense for existing WAN networks before putting
it into production so that there's minimal disruption for
those virtual guest that are already in place (routed
via the host itself, not the firewall).

I've put up a public network on OPT1, which is then
pingable (the interface itself, but not other hosts
on that network).
.
If I want to make my home pfSense override the publically
available networks, do I need to define a new gateway on
OPT1 *and* add a route for that particular network, correct?

(I'd rather not try it blindly, since that firewall has no
IPMI, and is hidden in a cramped wall rack which is a royal
PITA).

Thanks.