On 3/11/2014 12:09 AM, Chuck Mariotti wrote:
> The data center has a single Internet connection but with two separate
> subnets (ran out of Ip addresses). This has been setup as WAN and WAN2.
> I set up qos on pfsense but not sure if right. The single connection is
> 10Mbit... but I set up WAN1 AND WAN2 as 10Mbit... which I assume is wrong.
> How do I set that correctly?

Don't use two interfaces for that. Add the second subnet to WAN using an
IP Alias VIP if you need to use it that way. In addition to being a
simpler config for the same result, it also eliminates any guessing
about the QoS config.

> I am also a little lost... since the voice traffic is OpenVPN, how to I make
> certain that it is the highest priority across the board?

You need to shape both things: SIP to your upstream trunk and OpenVPN.

1. Use PRIQ for the shaper type on WAN/LAN when using the wizard.
2. Activate the VoIP screen, use your upstream SIP trunk for
prioritization, or maybe even an alias containing the SIP trunk and your
PBX.
3. Raise the priority of OpenVPN on the wizard screen to Raise/Lower
Other Protocols.
4. Adjust the resulting floating rules for OpenVPN to match all of your
OpenVPN server port(s)

Jim