Kevin,

Glad you like the update.

You won’t get ‘mutlicore’ PF until pfSense 2.2 (which is based on FreeBSD 10).
Snapshots are available now.

Rangely hardware, you say?
http://store.netgate.com/Firewall/C2758.aspx
Also available “real soon now" at the pfSense store.   We believe in the C2000,
so there will be other hardware leveraging that series coming available this
year.
And yes, I agree that pfSense 2.2 will perform very well on the Intel C2000
series SoCs.

You’ll notice that rather than create a “commercial version” of pfSense, (as
many want to accuse me of doing), we just put the drivers in pfSense 2.1.1,
where everyone can enjoy them.   What you don’t get in the community builds is
the testing/tuning that are part of the above.  The results are significantly
better than a stock load.

But even here, I’m working on a way to make those “platform-specific” tuning
parameters available to the community.

Jim