On Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:51:13 NZST +1200, Stefan Baur wrote:

Thanks muchly for the tip, Stefan!

There is no 'doze in the house and on no account will I add a
Billy-dependency to my infrastructure. Any manufacturer too stupid to make
their stuff controllable by open source software can sell elsewhere.
Period.

> The GS108T-200 is the one with a web-based config tool

http://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/smart/GS108Tv2.aspx#tab-techspecs
?
(Not easy to find on their website - searching only finds their useless
software.)

Max 12W power consumption looks good. Not ideal though, because VLANs
are more complex and error prone, American propriatory network equipment
doesn't seem like a good choice any more, and that model appears to be
no longer for sale where I live.

I'll keep it in mind though - thanks.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header.
http://volker.top.geek.nz/      Please do not CC list postings to me.