From: List [mailto:list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org] On Behalf Of Brian Caouette
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:00 AM
To: pfSense Support and Discussion Mailing List
Subject: Re: [pfSense] Poweredge 2850

Are we talking fan noise? Hard drive noise?

Also a comment was made about power. What are we talking?

On 5/20/2014 2:59 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
On 20/05/2014 02:12, Chris Bagnall wrote:

Forgive me for saying so, but that's a massive overkill for routing a 15Mbps
connection. Granted, it'd be entirely appropriate if you were routing multiple
gig transits in a datacentre environment where the power consumption might be
justified, but in a home environment, you're just burning through electricity
for the sake of it. Of course, if you're going to run pfSense as a VM under a
hypervisor with several other VMs, then I take all the above back :-) Kind
regards, Chris
Not to mention that if I ran a PE 2850 at home there would probably be
complaints about the noise!!! Those things *scream* in the audible sense!!!