Oh I feel dumb, the first thing is to install perl, which I can't do given my
location on the network.

Ok so nevermind, sorry.

On May 21, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Florio, Christopher N
<flo...@email.unc.edu<mailto:flo...@email.unc.edu>> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to install the VMWare tools on my pfsense host.

Specifically I'm looking at this documentation -

https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/VMware_Tools

Because I don't have a public facing interface, I'm going with this set of
instructions -

mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt/
cd /tmp
tar xvzf /mnt/vmware-freebsd-tools.tar.gz
cd vmware-tools-distrib/
./vmware-install.pl -d

When doing this, it becomes apparent that perl is not installed on this pfSense
host.  Is there an option to install perl typically or what can I do from here?
 Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Chris