I had issues upgrading to the new .4 version of pfSense. I was forced to start from scratch. That said I have it all up and running however I have two issues I can't figure out.

#1. Initial page lookups are really slow. When I enter a website it will pause for 6-8 seconds then the page is instantly there. I have Googles DNS set in general and currently have stock DNS Forwarder active. It's set to use system defaults.

#2. Squid is active and working but hit rate has been zero. It's been running a week now. Prior install I would average a really poor .5 -2%. I'm not sure what to do. I'm on Google over load now trying to find the answers and so far my config seems to be in line with general recommendations.