+1 for HP ProCurve, except for the stuff they inherited from 3Com...
I've also had reasonably good luck with Netgear and D-Link managed switches.
The Cisco SMB stuff seems OK hardware-wise, but the software is questionable.
Note that all three of these options come with lifetime, free, firmware updates.
-Adam