Have you tried pinging the IP from another machine not being routed through your subnet?
On 9/29/2014 6:37 AM, Andrew Mitchell wrote:
Thanks for the info.

I've been working working on this all night on and off.

My questions to you guys is, does files.pfsense.org and/or updates.pfsense.org block bogon networks and if so, can I ask the update schedule? I ask because the bogon list on a pfSense box connected to our 192.40.140.0/23 block currently does contain our block and we can't connect from source 192.40.140.2 to download updates.

Drew

*From: *"Moshe Katz" <mo...@ymkatz.net>
*To: *"pfSense support and discussion" <list@lists.pfsense.org>
*Sent: *Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:04:25 PM
*Subject: *Re: [pfSense] bogon networks

The pfSense bogon list is at https://files.pfsense.org/lists/fullbogons-ipv4.txt and the current version there also doesn't have your block. Make sure that your pfSense has the newest list. (This should usually be done automatically, but you should be able to do it from the console/SSH by running /etc/rc.update_bogons).

Moshe

Sent from mobile device; sorry for top-posting.

On Sep 28, 2014 10:26 AM, "Chris Bagnall" <pfse...@lists.minotaur.cc <mailto:pfse...@lists.minotaur.cc>> wrote:

    On 28 Sep 2014, at 12:19, Andrew Mitchell
    <andrew.k.mitch...@att.net <mailto:andrew.k.mitch...@att.net>> wrote:
    > My apologies. 192.40.140.0/23 <http://192.40.140.0/23>

    I'm not sure what pfSense uses as its Bogons source, but my
    reference has usually been:
    http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/http.html

    Your IP block isn't in there, from what I can see...

    Kind regards,

    Chris