I've been trying to install 2.1.5 into a
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/~FX5624

using the instructions here
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Installing_pfSense#pfSense_Installation_and_Configuration

I want to use the LiveCD so I can install onto a harddrive in the box,
enabling me to add a wider choice of add-on packages, so I understand.

I've tried several ways to write the .iso to disk (different software,
drive, disks) or stick but they won't boot (tried usb-attached dvd,
sata-attached dvd, different cables & disks) and stick. I wrote the nano
version to a flash card which gets to:

"
/
"

and sits there

I had 1.2.3 running ok here before, has the software changed such that I
won't run on this box?

Nick Upson, Telensa Ltd, Senior Operations Network Engineer
direct +44 (0) 1799 533252, support hotline +44 (0) 1799 399200