On 2014-10-30 17:15, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Oct 30, 2014, at 3:39 PM, Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com> wrote:
Buy quality instead of junk?
<...>
Even a cheapo 30GB/60GB/whatever SSD is more than enough for pfSense and makes
a far more reliable solution than external flash.
I strongly disagree.    SSDs have to be part of a system, especially in an
embedded environment.   The debacle with the “cheap 30GB” m-sata drive from PC
Engines earlier in the year (they had to take them all back) should amply
demonstrate why thinking such as what you express here is deeply flawed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant a cheapo SSD because it's small -- I'm suggesting you don't need to invest in a large or fast SSD for pfSense, but rather, cheap out on size, while getting a quality device built for lifespan and reliability.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/