On Wed 10 Dec 2014 01:30:49 NZDT +1300, Chris Bagnall wrote:

Yes I was wondering about (basically useless) rate limiting too.
I used the ISP's web server. Or use one of the top 10 companies' one, or
one of the big CDNs. For single WAN pinging 1/s doesn't quite make sense
to me either so I increased the numbers.

> (nearly all our pfSense deployments are multi-WAN, so disabling
> gateway monitoring isn't a solution here, alas)

Is this why gateway monitoring is active by default? I'd have guessed
most pfsense installs to be single WAN. What would gw monitoring be
useful for then? Nothing could be done about the Internet going
offline.

Thanks,

Volker

--