Hi.

We have a Superserver 5015A-EHF-D525 (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1u/5015/sys-5015a-ehf-d525.cfm) running pfsense 2.1.5-RELEASE (amd64) with 2GB of RAM.

Which has this board in it: http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPE-HF-D525.cfm

In this chassis we also have a 4 port Intel NIC which shows up as igb interfaces.

We were experiencing substantial packet loss when using the em interfaces, but since we switched over to the igb interfaces things have been good.

I have both Hardware TCP Segmentation Offloading and Hardware Large Receive Offloading disabled.

This is not a heavily used firewall.

Anyone else experiencing packet loss on the em interfaces. Are there any other settings I should look at?

It is possible it is a hardware failure, but I want to see what other experience is out there.

When looking at the network interface statistics, there are zero errors.

thanks,

Geoff