Can someone tell me the proper way to apply CoDel QoS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoDel

https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=88162.0

I am getting conflicting answers on how it is applied.

>From what I have read, you just turn it on, that is it.  No
parameters.  I was trying to find just the commands to apply it on a
normal freebsd box so I could understand if any of the options offered
along with it on the pfSense QoS form matter.  I did not have luck and
I assume I was just looking in all the wrong places.

Like I mentioned before everything I read says that it is
parameter-less.  But in the same reading it talked about RED and the
fact that it was built off of RED.  I can see how parameter-less means
that RED has many 'knobs and such'  but CoDel has none (excluding BW).
Still I think that this could be wrong though.

>From what I read, it just needs enabled and only is concerned about
buffer times.  No BW, etc.

Last question:  In that forum post it was stated interface speed vs
connection speed would make a difference.  While I understand that
this does effect other types of QoS, from what I read, it does not
effect CoDel.

Can someone please explain this stuff?