On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 21:13 +0000, Tiernan OToole wrote:
> Thanks for the tip Chris (Doh!) but tried setting it to UDP and still no
> luck...
>
> --Tiernan

Start by making sure that traffic is actually hitting the rule.  Enable
logging on the rule and/or run a packet capture on the pfSense box with
the interface set to the WAN link, proto UDP port 5060.

You could also do a pcap on the LAN interface with the IP of the PBX to
see both directions.  Install Wireshark obn your PC to look deeply into
the pcap (download button)

Once you get SIP to work which is usually pretty easy, then you get to
diagnose why you get one way audio (RTP).  Hopefully that wont happen.
Symmetric RTP is your friend here ...

Another thing to watch out for is SIP ALGs upstream of the pfSense and
making sure that your VoIP system knows its external IP address.

Cheers
Jon