If I can add to this question... are support incidents hardware specific?
Meaning, if I purchase some hardware with 2 incidences... can I use those on
other devices?

-----Original Message-----
From: List [mailto:list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org] On Behalf Of Adam Thompson
Sent: July-20-15 7:09 PM
To: pfSense support and discussion <list@lists.pfsense.org>
Subject: [pfSense] SG-4860 vs. support pricing question

I see the redundant SG-4860 bundle with shelf is now available on the pfSense
store, and I also see that the 2440 and 4860 appear to be shipping now.  This
is great!

(I’m probably still waiting for the 2220, though, since it’s hard to justify
anything else when I can’t get anything faster than DSL or Cable in this
building.)

But I do have one issue/question/comment about the pricing of that bundle:
there are still only 2 support incidents bundled.

It seems that if I bought two 4860s and tie-wrapped them to my own shelf, I’d
wind up paying almost the same amount (maybe $75 more if I had to buy a new
shelf) but would get 4 support incidents included with my purchase.

Also, the price for a 2-incident support pack is $399, but I can buy a SG-2220
for only $299 and get the same # of support incidents.

Have I missed something?  Is this intentional?

--
-Adam Thompson
 athom...@athompso.net