For posterity, I found references in the web forum that the "stream"
rules basically don't work the way IDS is set up on pfSense so should be
disabled.  I believe the issue is that it looks at the traffic in parallel so
packets might be processed out of order.

        Still not sure why it wasn't honoring the Suppress instruction.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.