> Am 31.07.2015 um 08:38 schrieb Chris Buechler <c...@pfsense.com>:
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Rainer Duffner <rai...@ultra-secure.de>
> wrote:
>> php: rc.bootup: New alert found: pfSense requires at least 128 MB of RAM.
>> Expect unusual performance. This platform is not supported.
>>
>> I have an Alix board:
>>

>> CPU: Geode(TM) Integrated Processor by AMD PCS (431.65-MHz 586-class CPU)
>>  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x5a2  Family = 0x5  Model = 0xa  Stepping = 2
>>  Features=0x88a93d<FPU,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,CX8,SEP,PGE,CMOV,CLFLUSH,MMX>
>>  AMD Features=0xc0400000<MMX+,3DNow!+,3DNow!>
>> real memory  = 134217728 (128 MB)
>> avail memory = 94752768 (90 MB)
>>
>> So, is the Alix deprecated?
>>

> The 128 MB ones, yes. Have been for a long time. We've stated 256 MB
> as the minimum supported since one of the 1.2.x releases, at least 6-7
> years ago.
>
> Sure it wasn't showing the same before?

No, never.

> Maybe some change in FreeBSD
> 10.1 made the avail memory less than it was previously. It warns at
> less than 101 MB avail (which was generally enough to not warn on
> systems with 128 MB real).
>
> If you're running nothing beyond the defaults on a small network, 128
> MB might be OK. But forget about running any type of VPN, or much of
> anything outside of defaults.

It’s a bit a shame.
I just use it as a glorified router (minus all the security-vulnerabilities of
COTS-routers, of course).

My VDSL is only 20 MBit / 2Mbit - and I doubt that I get Fibre in my little
village here any time in the future (unless the Swisscom CEO moves here).
So, while I’d like to upgrade to one of the SG boxes, it doesn’t make much
sense - even though the spec-sheet looks great.

For now, it works OK, I don’t see any problems.
I think I bought this in 2008 or so.
Try getting an update for a consumer router from 2008…

How long do you foresee software-support for the SG devices?