Hi all,

We have 2.2.4-RELEASE (amd64) with Snort
3.2.8.2<https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense-packages/commits/master/config/snort>
 installed.

Two questions:

1.       What tool or what pfSense menu should we use to read the Snort
interface statistics? The format that is available via Snort Interface -
Interface Logs - intX.stats log file is not user friendly and it's not possible
to get any useful information from there.

2.       Is there any way to see what exact traffic/pattern triggered the Snort
Alert? I know how to find the rule description that the potentially harmful
traffic matched, but interested to see the exact traffic log that triggered the
alert. I'd like to have more information before marking it as a false positive
for my environment and start ignoring or disable some rules.
Let me know if I can provide more details.

Best regards,
Sergii Cherkashyn