On 14 Nov 2015, at 20:19, C. R. Oldham <c...@ncbt.org> wrote:
> My ISP provides access over PPPoE and has given me 2 static IPs via the
> following configuration (public IPs sanitized)
> Usable IP addresses:    xxx.yyy.149.218
> Gateway address:        xxx.yyy.149.217
> Subnet mask:            255.255.255.252

> I cannot figure out how to make pfSense expose the xxx.yyy.149.218 address
> to the public Internet.  I don't have any trouble adding NAT rules that
> forward the .217 through to my internal network.  Can someone give me a
> clue?

It’s quite a common setup - I get something very similar at home (albeit with a
/29). pfSense has already been assigned the .217 address via PPP, as it should.
The ‘easiest’ way of getting use out of the other address is to go to Virtual
IPs and add it there, with type Proxy ARP.

You’ll then be able to use it on the 1:1 NAT page to assign it to a specific
internal RFC1918 address if you want, or you can just use it as another
external IP choice when defining standard NAT rules.

Kind regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall