Steve Yates wrote on Tue, Dec 15 2015 at 5:04 pm:
>       Per that bug report (https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/4326), it
> sounds like it's only an issue
> if NAT is being used, correct?  They work if NAT is not in use?

        To follow up I set up a limiter on our data center router, for one IP
doing an rsync backup to our office.  No NAT.  No issues yet after a week or
two.  I didn't use the wizard, though I started it a few times to try to see
what it was doing.  I just wanted the limiter.  The time of day scheduling is
great for long running rsyncs since I drop the bandwidth down during the day.

Ugo Bellavance wrote on Tue, Dec 15 2015 at 11:02 pm:
> I had one of 28 mbps and 3 children to set the weight.  Before, it
> prevented traffic from going over 28 mbps.  Now I had to lower the
> partent limiter to 26 because it looks like some traffic goes over the
> 26 mbps.

        A couple ideas based on what I read about setting up limiters...

1) did you create two limiters, one for upload and one for download?
2) in the limiter settings, did you pick a Mask setting or leave at None?  Mask
will create multiple pipes, one per IP address.

        I haven't watched the traffic graph that closely to see if it ever goes
over a little bit.  If you're saying you set it to 28 and sometimes see 35
Mbps, I am not seeing that.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.