On 1/23/16 2:55 AM, Jon Gerdes wrote:
> What is the fault you are actually trying to fix?

before fixing, currently I'm trying to avoid breaking.

consider a LAN segment where everything is working as supposed to:
routing, v6 slaac etc.

now, connect a new box in that scenario mounting a fresh pfSense 2.2.6,
configure on it a LAN IPv4 address just to reach its web gui (I made
this on a LAGG).

what I achieved here is a broke IPv6 connectivity on the LAN segment
because pfSense 2.2.6 starts advertising itself as IPv6 gateway (leading
nowhere actually) like a rogue RA would do.

pfSense 2.2.6 should begin advertising only after having been told to do
so, as any other BSD box after all.

thank you
--
antonio